Inspirational Basketball Quotes by Michael Jordan (born February 1963)
Michael Jordan, former American basketball player, who has won the most valuable NBA championship awards 5 times, has been considered as the greatest basketball player of all time. He dominated the basketball sports during the year 1980- 1990. He led the Chicago Bulls to six National Basketball Association championships. His basketball statistics are extremely impressive with several awards. Read more here.
Michael’s was well known for his self-motivation and his ability to inspire and motivate his team players. His inspiration and creative life quotes carry well beyond the basketball court as well. Read below for few of his inspirational basketball Quotes.
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.”
- “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.”
- “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.”
- “You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.”
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”